Friday, July 9, 2010

The Beginning of a Great Story

This is a story of one man and one women who fell in love many years ago. They wed and began their family, having four of the most beautiful and wonderful children anyone could have ever asked for. After "chasing" after what the world had to offer and exceeding what "it" said would satisfy; there was no peace. That is when I ran head long into the Lord Jesus Christ and surrendered my life to Him as not only my Savior but for the first time as Lord of my life. This is when I began to see how God was writing my story.

It was 2003 when I chose to try it God's way since my way wasn't working out so good. Don't misunderstand, by all accounts it looked like it was, beautiful wife, four of the greatest children, everyone healthy, the right address, country club, social scene, ect., ect., ect..... We even "played church" on a fairly regular basis, but there was an emptiness, a void that I could not fill - until the Spring afternoon on our back veranda, I got down on my knees and asked God to help me, please help me. My prayer was simple yet profound. I have grown to understand, that simple prayer is what God longs to hear from each one of us. Please help me because I am lost, help me because I'm a sinner and in need of someone besides my self who can save me.

After that day, I wish I could say I gained full knowledge of who God is and knew exactly what He desired of me and the rest of my life. That was certainly not the case but I knew I was changed - can't explain it other than I knew I was a different man. I knew that I knew that I knew - I was born again. I had an unquenchable desire to read His word and to pray to Him through His Son, Jesus. I began to love this God who loved me before I even knew Him, even when I wagged my finger at Him and use to use His name in vain. I learned He forgave me and the more He forgave me, the more things He would bring to mind that I needed forgiven of - this never stops and is one of the most beautiful things about being a child of God, it is a process. Being a follower of Jesus Christ is a journey, not a destination. However, instead of "peddling my own bike" through this one life God has granted me, I am now in the second seat of a tandem bike with Jesus in front steering. I have since traveled down the most exciting roads and trails I could never have dreamed of and the thrill of trusting in a Savior and leaving all of life's consequences to Him, is a place each one of us was created to be. It is by far the most exciting and fulfilling life I could have ever dreamed of.
When God writes His story through you, it is all of the above plus the most challenging and rewarding life imaginable - you will never be the same!

The purpose of this blog is simple, it is to bring God glory, first and foremost. He is simply worthy of praise and honor. Secondly, it is our attempt to share with you our story - The one God is writing through us. The reason we are starting our blog now is because of one of these stories. A beautiful story of adoption which is unfolding as I write. A story so amazing we want to shout it from the mountain tops - which I believe is what blogging is in 2010... So we invite you to follow this story as we attempt to record it in the coming days

<>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< May I ask you one question before you leave? ---Is God writing your story? If you don't know for certain that you have surrendered your life to the Lordship of Jesus and by God's grace accepted Jesus Christ as your Savior; I beg you to settle this most important issue right now. It will be the best decision of your life - your eternity hangs in the balance! Please understand, I am simple one beggar sharing with a fellow beggar where to find some food. Here's how you can start over with a brand new life and have the certainty of salvation and eternal life with the One who created you. No matter where you are, where you have been, or what you may have done. God's grace is larger than any of our sins and His forgiveness and love for us is boundless. Use this acronym as a guide = A. C. T. A = acknowledge to God you are a sinner in need of a Savior - "God Help Me"
"For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God" (Romans 3:23)

C= confess your sins to God and repent - turn from your sins and self.
"If you confess with your mouth, 'Jesus is Lord,' and believe in your heart that God raised
Him from the dead, you will be saved" (Romans 10:9)

T= By faith trust Jesus with all your heart and He will save you.
"But as many as received Him, to them he gave the right to become children of God, even
to those who believe in His name" (John 1:12)

If you have prayerfully taken these steps and would like to know more about what it means to be a child of God and this new life He gives to us in abundance. We would be honored to speak with you. Please don't hesitate contacting us if we may be a blessing to you.

Thank You for stopping by and we pray the story God is writing through us will honor the Lord and be a blessing to you.

In HIS strong love,

David & Katherine Dennis, jr.
and Family <><






No comments: