Monday, August 6, 2012

Gotcha Day - August 6, 2012

What a great day we have had. We left the hotel at 4:30AM and flew to Nanchang. When we got to the hotel Katie Kay was not here yet, so we got to the room and waited, then the most beautiful little girl in the world came in. Her nanny was holding her and gave her to me. She began to cry and want her nanny. It was hard but I am grateful she had a nanny that she loved. The nanny left and Katie kay cried a few minutes and then fell fast asleep in my arms for about an hour. When she woke up she seemed to know me and would reach for me if I put her down. We had 3 appointments today to do paper work so we are all exhausted. Tonight we were showing her how to kiss and David and I would kiss and then I leaned and kissed her, and then she leaned to me and kissed me on the cheek. What a great end to a great day. Thank you for your prayers for her adjustment. - Katherine



Katie Kay went sound asleep within 5 minutes of her Mama holding her. Her first word when she woke was "Mama"

No comments: